Choosing your home electrical system
When building a new home, one of the most important decisions you will make is your choice of how it is wired, because, once it's done there is no doing it again, it is not like repainting a wall, the decision is likely to be for the lifespan of the house. This choice will affect the security, comfort and lifestyle that your family enjoys while at home. Your choice will determine your relationship with your home.
You have three choices: a traditional 230V system; a proprietary single manufacturer system; or the KNX worldwide standard. full article click here
Standard 230V wiring.
- Very old
- lowest cost
- poor environmental credentials
- highest cost of ownership
- inflexible for future
- No addition to capital value of property
You should consider an un-automated 230V system if minimising your initial capital expenditure is your primary concern, and security, comfort, convenience, on going cost of ownership and environmental impact are not important to you.
Proprietary Single Manufacturer Systems.
- Single manufacturer technology
- Limited switch styles
- Controls - lighting, shading, drapes, heating, AV (depending on system)
- Medium-High initial cost
- Decent environmental credentials
- High risk of future obsolescence
You should consider this type of solution if security, comfort, convenience and minimising environmental impact are your primary concerns, you are comfortable with a degree of risk of ownership, and initial costs and real cost of ownership are not important to you.
KNX Worldwide Standard Open Protocol systems.
- World standard for buildings
- Evolves with technology over the years
- 400+ manufacturers make products that comply
- Wide switch style choice, more than 8000 products
- Control of everything - lighting, shading, drapes, heating, AV
- Excellent environmental credentials
- Adds to capital value of property
You should consider a KNX solution if security, comfort, convenience, minimising environmental impact, initial costs, real cost of ownership, future upgradability, future serviceability and security of investment are important to you.
More information at www.knx.org
For the full article click_here
We deal with European KNX manufacturers such as ABB, basalte, Gira, Legrand, Simon, Theben, Zennio, Hager, Lithoss amongst others.
You are invited to contact us to discuss your options in more detail, or, for us to recommend a local installer. The best time for this discussion is during the planning stages of your project, so don't wait for your no-obligation advice.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 0800 333553